Arteta says blame players not Wenger for Arsenal’s predicaments
London: Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has said the players should be held responsible for the mess faced by the team, not manager Arsene Wenger. Wenger has been under fire from certain sections of the fans who have questioned his selection policy and also his signings in the two transfer windows.
“It is us who are to blame, not the manager,” The Mirror quoted Arteta, as saying. Arteta revealed that the players had conducted more than one inquest into the last two results – especially the 4-0 Champions League hammering they took in the San Siro against AC Milan ten days ago. “That was a disaster,” said Arteta who knows there is now added pressure to secure a morale-boosting win against bitter rivals Tottenham in Sunday’s massive Premier League clash at The Emirates.
“In Milan we collapsed. It was very frustrating. We talked after the Milan game. We were frustrated and we were gutted. You get upset with yourself after a result like that. We knew we can’t keep doing this or that. Mistakes had to stop,” Arteta said. “As for the manager, I owe him a lot. He gave me the chance to join this club. The way he has been talking to the group of players has always been positive. I have no doubts that he loves Arsenal. He tries really, really hard to make us successful.”
“Sometimes it is our fault that we don’t win – like we don’t out the ball in the net or make a mistake. It is everyone at the club who is involved. Everyone is affected,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers