Ashley Cole available for England selection after apologising to FA chairman for Twitter rant
London: Ashley Cole will be available to play for England against San Marino on Friday evening after apologising to FA chairman David Bernstein for his foul-mouthed Twitter rant.
The Chelsea left-back took to the social networking website on Friday after the governing body called his reliability into question when supplying evidence on behalf of John Terry in the recent independent regulatory commission`s hearing into the alleged racial abuse towards Anton Ferdinand.
Cole wrote on his Twitter account: "Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOFT****."
Cole, who later deleted the tweet and apologised "unreservedly" in an official statement, has been included in the Three Lions squad to face San Marino and Poland in the upcoming World Cup qualifiers and remains a part of Roy Hodgson`s group for the two fixtures.
And Bernstein, talking on BBC Radio 5 Live, confirmed that Cole has personally apologised to him on Monday night and is now "free to play for England" again, with only Roy Hodgson able to decide against his selection.
He said: "He apologised immediately on Friday and he came to see me last night and apologised to me personally," said Bernstein.
"He showed real contrition. He said he was really sorry.
"He is free to play for England over the coming matches. It is up to the manager to decide whether he plays or not."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest