Ashley Cole hails Torres as Chelsea’s ‘main man’ following 3rd successive victory in PL
London: Ashley Cole has hailed Fernando Torres as ‘the main man’ for Chelsea after he fired the Blues to the top of the Premier League’s table.
The Stamford Bridge’s triumph over Newcastle was the Champions League kings’ third successive victory this season, which sent a little reminder to the rest of the Premier League that they mean business again.
“Now, he is the main man. He is full of confidence after winning the European Championship with Spain and he has scored a great goal here,”.
“We have lost Didier Drogba, who was a big, powerful presence up front. Sometimes we just used to knock it up to him. But now we’ve got to get the ball down and play a little bit more,” he added.
Eden Hazard also got his first Blues goal from the penalty spot when Torres tumbled in the area. But the revitalised Spanish striker added the second in first-half stoppage time from a superb right-foot strike.
“Eden deserves a lot of credit for the start we’ve had. He has won two penalties, had two assists and now has a goal. It’s phenomenal. We’re proud to have this guy in the team and, hopefully, he can keep doing it,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan