Ashley Cole hails Torres as Chelsea’s ‘main man’ following 3rd successive victory in PL
London: Ashley Cole has hailed Fernando Torres as ‘the main man’ for Chelsea after he fired the Blues to the top of the Premier League’s table.
The Stamford Bridge’s triumph over Newcastle was the Champions League kings’ third successive victory this season, which sent a little reminder to the rest of the Premier League that they mean business again.
“Now, he is the main man. He is full of confidence after winning the European Championship with Spain and he has scored a great goal here,”.
“We have lost Didier Drogba, who was a big, powerful presence up front. Sometimes we just used to knock it up to him. But now we’ve got to get the ball down and play a little bit more,” he added.
Eden Hazard also got his first Blues goal from the penalty spot when Torres tumbled in the area. But the revitalised Spanish striker added the second in first-half stoppage time from a superb right-foot strike.
“Eden deserves a lot of credit for the start we’ve had. He has won two penalties, had two assists and now has a goal. It’s phenomenal. We’re proud to have this guy in the team and, hopefully, he can keep doing it,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Women's World Boxing Championship: Sonia Lather settles for silver, loses to Italian Alessia Mesiano in 57kg final
- 'The Jungle Book' rakes in moolah at Box Office, all set to cross Rs 200 crore in India!
- HDFC among world's top 10 consumer financial services firms
- Fardeen Khan SLAMS body shamers, hits back with an open letter—Read full text
- Meet the ladies of 'Housefull3' in a brand new POSTER—See inside