Ashley Cole hails Torres as Chelsea’s ‘main man’ following 3rd successive victory in PL
London: Ashley Cole has hailed Fernando Torres as ‘the main man’ for Chelsea after he fired the Blues to the top of the Premier League’s table.
The Stamford Bridge’s triumph over Newcastle was the Champions League kings’ third successive victory this season, which sent a little reminder to the rest of the Premier League that they mean business again.
“Now, he is the main man. He is full of confidence after winning the European Championship with Spain and he has scored a great goal here,”.
“We have lost Didier Drogba, who was a big, powerful presence up front. Sometimes we just used to knock it up to him. But now we’ve got to get the ball down and play a little bit more,” he added.
Eden Hazard also got his first Blues goal from the penalty spot when Torres tumbled in the area. But the revitalised Spanish striker added the second in first-half stoppage time from a superb right-foot strike.
“Eden deserves a lot of credit for the start we’ve had. He has won two penalties, had two assists and now has a goal. It’s phenomenal. We’re proud to have this guy in the team and, hopefully, he can keep doing it,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand