Ashley Cole may become ``surprise signing`` at Man City
London: Chelsea player Ashley Cole could be a surprise summer signing for Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini. Cole, 32, who has won all the major titles with Chelsea including the Champions League last season, is a free agent when his contract ends at the end of the current campaign.
As it has been learnt Chelsea’s top brass would not agree to a new deal guaranteeing around 150,000 pounds a week, so the chase is now by Mancini as well as Paris St-Germain showing interest along with other clubs in the USA, the Daily Star reports.
But City would come into Cole’s consideration when he decides his future over the next couple of months, the report said. And the England left-back would fit easily into Mancini’s team plans with the City boss not totally convinced that defenders Gael Clichy and Aleksandar Kolarov are guaranteed a future at the Etihad Stadium, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers