Ashley Cole may become ``surprise signing`` at Man City
London: Chelsea player Ashley Cole could be a surprise summer signing for Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini. Cole, 32, who has won all the major titles with Chelsea including the Champions League last season, is a free agent when his contract ends at the end of the current campaign.
As it has been learnt Chelsea’s top brass would not agree to a new deal guaranteeing around 150,000 pounds a week, so the chase is now by Mancini as well as Paris St-Germain showing interest along with other clubs in the USA, the Daily Star reports.
But City would come into Cole’s consideration when he decides his future over the next couple of months, the report said. And the England left-back would fit easily into Mancini’s team plans with the City boss not totally convinced that defenders Gael Clichy and Aleksandar Kolarov are guaranteed a future at the Etihad Stadium, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Andy Murray re-hiring Ivan Lendl was no surprise, says wary Novak Djokovic
- Abortion demand 'soars' amid Zika fear
- Singapore Police claim headless body found in river belong to Haryana woman
- Dadri lynching: Court to hear plea against Mohammad Akhlaq's family
- The UK EU referendum: Here is all you need to know