Athlete challenges Aubameyang to sprint race
Berlin: Germany`s 100m sprint champion Julian Reus has challenged Borussia Dortmund winger Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to a sprint race to prove whether the football star is faster than Usain Bolt.
Aubameyang, who has scored nine Bundesliga goals this season, has clocked 3.7seconds over 30 metres in training, suggesting that he is faster than Bolt, who clocked 3.78secs over the same distance en route to setting the 100m world record of 9.58secs in 2009.
Last Saturday, Gabon international Aubameyang told German television show Sportstudio that he is faster than Bolt, a claim German sprint champion Julian Reus is eager to challenge and wants to race him.
"It is a blatant myth that Aubameyang is faster than Usain Bolt," said the 25-year-old Reus, whose personal best is 10.08secs, while Aubameyang has yet to accept the challenge.
"What Aubameyang claimed on television really annoyed me. I want to restore athletics` honour."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?