Atletico give green light for Falcao exit
Manchester: Following their qualification for the Champions League, general manager Miguel Angel Gil Marin has reiterated that the club will not stand in the striker`s way if he opts to leave.
Atletico Madrid general manager Miguel Angel Gil Marin has stated that any decisions attacker Radamel Falcao will make regarding his future will be backed by the club - even if it means allowing him to leave.
The Colombia star has scored on 28 occasions during his 33 appearances this season, heavily contributing to Atleti`s third-place finish as well as securing the Copa del Rey trophy.
And the club`s owner has now revealed that the Colombian forward has been given the green light to decide over his future, amid speculation linking him with Premier League duo Chelsea and Manchester City as well as Ligue 1 financial behemoths Monaco.
"Before the start of the season, we spoke with Falcao," said Marin.
"We promised if he helps us to qualify for the Champions League, Atletico will support all his decisions."
Atletico currently enjoy a 10-point cushion over fourth-placed Real Sociedad ahead of their final two Liga matches this season, ensuring their participation in next season`s elite cup competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore