Atletico Madrid sign Argentinean midfielder Jose Sosa
Madrid: Atletico Madrid have signed Argentinean midfielder, Jose Sosa, from Ukrainian club Metalist Kharkov, it was confirmed on Monday.
The news was broken by Sosa`s agent, Ezequiel Manera, who posted a tweet, saying, "Jose Sosa will play for Atletico on loan for the following months with an option for them to then buy him."
Sosa, who was born in June 1985, is an attacking midfielder and will give extra options to Atletico as the club continues its struggle to win the BBVA Primera Liga, where they are level on points with leaders FC Barcelona, as well as in the Copa del Rey and the Champions League, where the side coached by Diego Pablo Simeone has qualified for the knockout stages, reported Xinhua.
The fact he has not played in the Champions League this season means he will be able to help Atletico in that competition.
Sosa is expected to arrive in Spain Tuesday to complete his signing and will be officially presented to the press and fans later in the week.
He is well known to Simeone as the pair coincided in Argentinean club, Estudiantes de La Plata. One of the main reasons for his move to Spain is his desire to form part of the Argentina squad for the 2014 World Cup.
The weather means the Ukrainian league stops until March, leaving him little time to show that he deserves a place in the World Cup and his club gave him permission to leave in order to allow him to pursue that ambition.
He is well known as a player who is very effective to set pieces and that will add an extra dimension to Atletico`s attacking options.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1
- Must Read: These are Apple CEO Tim Cook's plans for India!
- NEET Ordinances get President's assent, decks cleared for UG medical admissions by states