Atletico Mineiro win Recopa Sudamericana
Belo Horizonte: Atletico Mineiro defeated Lanus 5-3 on aggregate to win the Recopa Sudamericana.
The Brazilian club needed extra-time to beat the Argentine side 4-3 at the Mineiro stadium after their 1-0 victory in last week`s first leg.
Former Brazil striker Diego Tardelli opened the scoring for Atletico from the penalty spot before Victor Ayala and Santiago Silva gave the visitors the lead.
Maicosuel drew the hosts level just before halftime but Lautaro Acosta took the match into extra time by netting three minutes into stoppage time.
A Luan strike and an Ayala own goal ensured Atletico victory in front of their jubilant fans.
Atletico and Lanus earned the right to contest the Recopa Sudamericana by winning last year`s Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM