Atletico Mineiro win Recopa Sudamericana
Belo Horizonte: Atletico Mineiro defeated Lanus 5-3 on aggregate to win the Recopa Sudamericana.
The Brazilian club needed extra-time to beat the Argentine side 4-3 at the Mineiro stadium after their 1-0 victory in last week`s first leg.
Former Brazil striker Diego Tardelli opened the scoring for Atletico from the penalty spot before Victor Ayala and Santiago Silva gave the visitors the lead.
Maicosuel drew the hosts level just before halftime but Lautaro Acosta took the match into extra time by netting three minutes into stoppage time.
A Luan strike and an Ayala own goal ensured Atletico victory in front of their jubilant fans.
Atletico and Lanus earned the right to contest the Recopa Sudamericana by winning last year`s Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145