Aubameyang open to Monaco switch
Paris: The forward`s father has revealed that there is a great deal of interest in his son following a wonderful year in France, but that the Stade Louis II is his preferred destination.
Pierre Emerick Aubeyang could be set to join the likes of Radamel Falcao and James Rodriguez to create a formidable attacking trident at Monaco, according to his father.
The Saint-Etienne forward has been linked with moves to Borussia Dortmund, Anzhi Makhachkala and a host of English sides after he scored more 19 goals in Ligue 1 this season.
"Much of the Germany talk is true, but proposals come from everywhere," Aubameyang senior, himself a former professional footballer, told RTL. "I believe that we will be able to continue the discussions."
However, whilst he reused to close doors, the striker`s father made it clear that his preference would be for his son to move to the Stade Louis II.
"Monaco? If they come see or see me directly, it is clear that there will be an exchange with them. When you see the Monaco project, [it can be seen that] this will be a serious competitor of PSG. This kind of club will be successful in a year or two. That is what I am now looking for my son."
Gabon international Aubameyang began his career at AC Milan but failed to make the grade at San Siro and joined Saint-Etienne on a permanent basis two years ago, after a short spell on loan to les Verts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir