Australian footballer Mark Bosnich says no to India’s Premier League Soccer
Sydney: Former Australian and Manchester United goalkeeper Mark Bosnich has no plans to come out of retirement and play for the money-spinning Premier League Soccer (PLS) in India.
He insists that he wants to be remembered for what he achieved during his playing days and not for making a comeback to earn some quick cash.
“I have always said `never say never`` but this time I want to be remembered for what I achieved in my career at the highest level,” News.com.au quoted Bosnich, as saying.
Bosnich said he is contended with whatever he has achieved in his life and doesn’t want to take risks any more.
“I think I owe it to myself. I`m happy with what I have achieved and even when I made a comeback to playing when I joined Central Coast Mariners, that was a big risk,” he added.
He said he has nothing to prove to anyone and his career is going on well. “I`ve got nothing to prove and I`m delighted with how my post-football career has panned out with Fox Sports,” he further added.
Celebrity Management Group and the Indian Football Association had their first player and coach auction this week with Argentina`s 36-year-old Hernan Crespo fetching an 840,000 dollars highest price tag for the five-club competition.
Former A-League player and former Liverpool striking legend Robbie Fowler also cashed in when he was sold for 530,000 dollars to Kolkata during the PLS auctions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports