Bafetimbi Gomis on his way out of Lyon
Paris: French striker Bafetimbi Gomis is on his way out of Ligue 1 club Lyon at the end of the season, French radio station RMC reported.
Gomis, 28, made his intentions clear when he told a private gathering in his hometown Toulon: "I`m in my fifth season with Lyon and I think at the end of the season, it`s time for me to go elsewhere, see if the grass is greeener."
The announcement is sure to rekindle interest in the player from Marseille as well as Premier League Newcastle, who already have a strong French contingent in their squad and inquired about Gomis in the last transfer window.
It could also trigger an offer once the next window opens in January if Lyon decide to cash in on the player who cost them 15 million euros ($20.5 million) from Saint-Eitienne in 2009 rather than let him walk away on a free transfer at the end of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- Sensex sinks 104 points in early trade on weak global cues
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule