Bafetimbi Gomis on his way out of Lyon
Paris: French striker Bafetimbi Gomis is on his way out of Ligue 1 club Lyon at the end of the season, French radio station RMC reported.
Gomis, 28, made his intentions clear when he told a private gathering in his hometown Toulon: "I`m in my fifth season with Lyon and I think at the end of the season, it`s time for me to go elsewhere, see if the grass is greeener."
The announcement is sure to rekindle interest in the player from Marseille as well as Premier League Newcastle, who already have a strong French contingent in their squad and inquired about Gomis in the last transfer window.
It could also trigger an offer once the next window opens in January if Lyon decide to cash in on the player who cost them 15 million euros ($20.5 million) from Saint-Eitienne in 2009 rather than let him walk away on a free transfer at the end of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea