Bagan look to return to winning ways against Pune FC
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan will look to return to winning ways after their loss to champions-elect Chruchill Brothers when they face a resurgent Pune FC in a rescheduled 16th round match of the I-League at Kalyani Stadium on Wednesday.
Mohun Bagan, who lost their previous match 0-2 against Churchill Brothers look to regain their unbeaten form that extended for a prolonged period before the last round.
"Pune FC are in the third position so we will have to give them importance. But we will give our best to get full points from the match," coach Karim Bencherifa said.
"My boys have hopefully taken lesson from the loss against Churchill and will be more cautious in not repeating the mistakes. My team has the eagerness to win and hopefully it will come good this time," Bencherifa added.
Pune FC, on the other hand, will look to get the maximum out of the match so as to grab the second spot.
"We aim to better our position in the League standings and that will act as a big motivation to my boys," Pune FC coach Derrick Pereira said ahead of the match.
"We are up against a tough opponent like Mohun Bagan who will be eager to give their best in order to get out of the relegation zone," he said as Mohun Bagan need three points to avoid relegation completely.
"We have a full side with no major injury worries. That will help us in going for full points," Pereira said adding that there were some niggling injuries to striker James Mogan and goalkeeper Abhra Mondal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda