Bagan seek intervention for restoration of Salt Lake
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan today expressed concern over ground conditions of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, the venue of I-League and various international football fixtures.
Mohun Bagan General Secretary Anjan Mitra in a letter to West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra mentioned the pitch condition as well as the galleries, saying major football clubs did not want to play there due to the artificial turf, which caused injuries to players.
Besides, it also lacked facilities for spectators like safe drinking water and proper toilets, the letter said.
The club requested the minister to convene a meeting with all stakeholders to sort out the problems immediately.
Many of the ongoing IFA Shield matches are being held at the Municipal stadium in Kalyani in Nadia district instead of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, also known as the Salt Lake Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium