Bagan seek intervention for restoration of Salt Lake
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan today expressed concern over ground conditions of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, the venue of I-League and various international football fixtures.
Mohun Bagan General Secretary Anjan Mitra in a letter to West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra mentioned the pitch condition as well as the galleries, saying major football clubs did not want to play there due to the artificial turf, which caused injuries to players.
Besides, it also lacked facilities for spectators like safe drinking water and proper toilets, the letter said.
The club requested the minister to convene a meeting with all stakeholders to sort out the problems immediately.
Many of the ongoing IFA Shield matches are being held at the Municipal stadium in Kalyani in Nadia district instead of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, also known as the Salt Lake Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen
- Severe obesity alone can increase heart failure risk
- Fertilizer factory tank leaks, 35 ill in Bangladesh
- Pace of new bad loan formation has decelerated: RBI