Bagan seek intervention for restoration of Salt Lake
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan today expressed concern over ground conditions of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, the venue of I-League and various international football fixtures.
Mohun Bagan General Secretary Anjan Mitra in a letter to West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra mentioned the pitch condition as well as the galleries, saying major football clubs did not want to play there due to the artificial turf, which caused injuries to players.
Besides, it also lacked facilities for spectators like safe drinking water and proper toilets, the letter said.
The club requested the minister to convene a meeting with all stakeholders to sort out the problems immediately.
Many of the ongoing IFA Shield matches are being held at the Municipal stadium in Kalyani in Nadia district instead of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, also known as the Salt Lake Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video