Bagan seek intervention for restoration of Salt Lake
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan today expressed concern over ground conditions of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, the venue of I-League and various international football fixtures.
Mohun Bagan General Secretary Anjan Mitra in a letter to West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra mentioned the pitch condition as well as the galleries, saying major football clubs did not want to play there due to the artificial turf, which caused injuries to players.
Besides, it also lacked facilities for spectators like safe drinking water and proper toilets, the letter said.
The club requested the minister to convene a meeting with all stakeholders to sort out the problems immediately.
Many of the ongoing IFA Shield matches are being held at the Municipal stadium in Kalyani in Nadia district instead of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, also known as the Salt Lake Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list