Bagan seek intervention for restoration of Salt Lake
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan today expressed concern over ground conditions of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, the venue of I-League and various international football fixtures.
Mohun Bagan General Secretary Anjan Mitra in a letter to West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra mentioned the pitch condition as well as the galleries, saying major football clubs did not want to play there due to the artificial turf, which caused injuries to players.
Besides, it also lacked facilities for spectators like safe drinking water and proper toilets, the letter said.
The club requested the minister to convene a meeting with all stakeholders to sort out the problems immediately.
Many of the ongoing IFA Shield matches are being held at the Municipal stadium in Kalyani in Nadia district instead of Yuba Bharati Krirangan, also known as the Salt Lake Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress