Bagan snubbed by AIFF appointed panel
Kolkata: The AIFF-appointed independent one-man committee of former Supreme Court judge Ashok Kumar Ganguly on Wednesday rejected Mohun Bagan`s request to furnish stadium-related documents concerning their violence-marred I-League match against East Bengal on December 9.
The documents related to stadium stability, infrastructure, safety, insurance and fire licence are "unrelated (and) the AIFF is not relying upon them," Ganguly said in the order today.
In a letter to the AIFF, Mohun Bagan had yesterday asked for the reports of police, match commissioner and documents related to the stadium infrastructure and safety.
Mohun Bagan had decided not to play after the interval with the side trailing 0-1, saying their players were scared to continue after a missile thrown from the stand hit its player Syed Rahim Nabi near the eye.
The AIFF had appointed the former judge to furnish a verdict on the legality of Mohun Bagan`s actions.
Meanwhile, in yet another setback, Mohun Bagan was sidelined in the governing body meeting of the IFA on Wenesday when AIFF vice-president Subrata Dutta got the majority support of 31 units out of 32.
Mohun Bagan had challenged the nomination of Dutta as the AIFF vice-president from Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video