Bale back in Real squad for Cup clash with Atletico
Madrid: Gareth Bale has recovered from a calf problem and is back in Real Madrid`s squad for the first leg of their King`s Cup semi-final against holders Atletico Madrid on Wednesday.
The Wales winger`s debut season in Spain has been disrupted by a series of minor injuries after joining from Tottenham Hotspur for a world record fee and he has missed Real`s last two matches after picking up the injury in a La Liga game against Granada on January 25.
"Gareth Bale is available," coach Carlo Ancelotti told a news conference on the eve of the game at the Bernabeu where Atletico beat Real 2-1 to win last season`s final.
"He has recovered well and has trained well these last two days with the rest of the team," added the Italian, in his first season in charge after taking over from Jose Mourinho.
"He is in good shape."
Bale`s Real career has been something of a disappointment so far, prompting mutterings about the club`s decision to pay 100 million euros for the 24-year-old.
Ancelotti said that apart from the injuries, another reason Bale had not settled as quickly as expected was that the protracted negotiations over his move disrupted his pre-season preparations.
"Bale will definitely be much better next season, firstly because he`ll be able to have a normal pre-season and secondly because he`ll be more used to the unfamiliar culture of Spanish soccer," Ancelotti said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'