Bale better than Neymar, insists Toshack
Germany: The former Real Madrid boss has nothing but praise for his compatriot and thinks he`s an even better player than the Brazil international.
Former Real Madrid coach John Toshack believes that Tottenham star Gareth Bale is a better player than new Barcelona signing Neymar and thinks the Welshman is on the same level as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Bale is continually being linked with a move to Madrid and the former Santiago Bernabeu boss has little doubt that his compatriot will be a success at the Blancos if he were to move to Spain.
"He’s better than Neymar, because he’s playing in a more competitive league. If someone is worth €100 million right now, it’s Bale. With Neymar we’ll have to wait and see," Toshack told Punto Pelota.
"Even a blind man can see he’s got something different. He’s an all-terrain vehicle, an introvert, a modest and outstanding professional. The injuries he suffered as a youngster made him stronger.
"It’s said that we’ve never seen anything like Messi, and people talk a lot about the strength of Cristiano Ronaldo, but Bale is close to the two of them.
"He’s up there with the Ronaldos and the Messis. He’ll play for one of the two big clubs in Spain. He’s made for the Champions League."
The 23-year-old has a contract with Spurs until the summer of 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation