Bale cannot refuse Real Madrid or Barcelona, claims ex-footie McManaman
London: Football star Steve McManaman has reportedly urged that Tottenham Hotspurs` winger Gareth Bale should accept the 60 million-pounds-deal with Real Madrid as her believes that it is the right time for Bale to make a move.
McManaman joined Real on a free transfer from Liverpool in 1999.
McManaman said that he would never have said no to Real or Barcelona if he ever had the opportunity, adding that Bale needs to play against the best people in the world as he is arguably one of the best players in the world on current form.
While Spurs are making their best efforts to retain the triple footballer of the year winner to sign a new contract with them and hopes Bale will reject Madrid`s overtures, McManaman said that Bale will want to play in the Champions League sooner rather than later and if Spurs is unable to deliver the Champions Trophy this year they are going to struggle to retain him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack