Bale fancying move to Man Utd despite Spurs` refusal
London: Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale is reportedly fancying a move to Premier League champions Manchester United despite his club`s fervent insistence that they are not going to release him this season.
Although the Old Trafford giants are ready to offer 60 million pounds in an attempt to lure Bale to United, Spurs is desperate to keep hold of their star player, with chairman Daniel Levy making it clear that he would reject all advances for the Welshman.
However, a report said that the star winger is supposedly interested in a move to United and may come in odds with his club, with Levy insistent that he does not want to sell a top star again to a Premier League rival, especially to United.
The report mentioned that Levy is still smarting over the reaction from fans to the transfer of striker Dimitar Berbatov to the club for 30 million pounds in 2008.
The report further said that even though Levy is ready to double Bale`s wages to 150,000 pounds-a-week in a bid to keep him happy at White Hart Lane, it remains to be seen whether Bale will be prepared to mount a campaign to get away from the club as Levy may be forced to let him go if United keeps increasing their offer.
Meanwhile, the report said that Real Madrid have been longtime admirers of Bale and it had been thought the Welshman would give Spurs another season, then look at going to the Bernabeu.
But Bale, who scored 26 goals for his club last season, is attracted by the prospect of joining United now, giving him Champions League football, which he would not have for a second season in a row with Spurs, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Facebook testing autoplaying videos with sound turned on
- SBI to raise up to Rs 11,000 crore via debt securities
- India A skipper Manish Pandey fined for showing dissent after dismissal
- Dahi Handi festival: SC refuses to lift restrictions on height of human pyramid, calls it 'risky'
- Tiger Shroff wants to do clean, noble characters