Bale keeps quiet over Real Madrid reports
London: Tottenham Hotspur winger Gareth Bale has refused to comment after being quizzed by reporters over speculation linking him with a record-breaking transfer to Real Madrid.
The 24-year-old is reportedly on the brink of a move to the nine-time champions for a fee that could eclipse the £80 million ($123.6 million, 93.2 million euros) that Madrid paid Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.
Several Spanish television crews and photographers watched Bale train with Wales in Newport on Monday, but when asked to speak about the reports, he replied: "I`m really sorry, now`s not the time to talk."
Bale has not played for Spurs for over a month due to buttock and foot injuries and has been ruled out of Wales` friendly against the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday due to his foot problem.
However, he is expected to attend the match at the Cardiff City Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video