Bale makes mum and dad millionaires overnight
London: After former Tottenham striker Gareth Bale became the world`s most expensive footballer, being signed by Real Madrid in a world-record move, his parents have been turned into millionaires overnight.
According to the Mirror, as co-directors of his company Primesure Limited, Frank and Deborah Bale pocketed a lump sum of 2 million pounds when the Welsh wizard completed his 86 million pound move to Real Madrid.
The report said that the couple had previously been given a 20 percent stake in the firm by Gareth.
The 24-year-old midfielder owns the remaining 60 percent, ensuring he also profited handsomely from becoming the most expensive footballer in the world, the report added.
A source said that Bale would never forget where he came from and was a loyal family boy, adding that his family was his priority and since turning professional, he has always ensured that they are provided for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video