Bale would be perfect for Real Madrid, says Ramos
Madrid: Sergio Ramos believes Tottenham attacker Gareth Bale would be the perfect signing for Real Madrid, and urged the winger to consider a move to the Santiago Bernabeu.
The Liga outfit are are one of many clubs thought to be chasing Bale`s signature following a season that saw the Welshman score 21 Premier League goals and win a host of end-of-season awards.
But having missed out on Champions League football, speculation has been rife that Bale could leave White Hart Lane in the summer window.
And now Spanish defender Ramos has praised the 23-year-old`s free-scoring season, and believes he would be an ideal fit for Madrid.
“Gareth Bale is a Real Madrid-quality signing," the Spaniard was quoted as saying by The Sun.
"He has had an exceptional season. He can punish any team in the world and has the footballing qualities we look for in Madrid.
“I am sure Madrid will not be the only team that want to sign him — but he is the right mould for us.”
Tottenham remain confident of keeping their most prized asset, however, and hope to finalise a new £130,000-a-week contract with Bale in the coming weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31