Balotelli aims to be top striker in World Cup
Milan: AC Milan and Italy striker Mario Balotelli said next year`s World Cup could provide him the perfect platform to prove he is the best striker in the world.
The 23-year-old, who scored 12 goals in 29 appearances for Italy, has high expectations of himself in the upcoming World Cup tournament, reports Xinhua.
"Brazil is a perfect time for me to establish myself as number one striker in the world," he told a British tabloid.
"The World Cup is where I want to make my mark. The best players always perform on the biggest stages," he added.
Italy have been clubbed with England in the group stage of the World Cup, and Balotelli believed that Italy could beat the English side.
"All I will say is that I believe we are a stronger team than England and historically we always perform better than them at the major competitions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read