Balotelli aims to be top striker in World Cup
Milan: AC Milan and Italy striker Mario Balotelli said next year`s World Cup could provide him the perfect platform to prove he is the best striker in the world.
The 23-year-old, who scored 12 goals in 29 appearances for Italy, has high expectations of himself in the upcoming World Cup tournament, reports Xinhua.
"Brazil is a perfect time for me to establish myself as number one striker in the world," he told a British tabloid.
"The World Cup is where I want to make my mark. The best players always perform on the biggest stages," he added.
Italy have been clubbed with England in the group stage of the World Cup, and Balotelli believed that Italy could beat the English side.
"All I will say is that I believe we are a stronger team than England and historically we always perform better than them at the major competitions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy