Balotelli can become one of the best players in the world: El Shaarawy
Milan: Stephan El Shaarawy believes AC Milan and Italy team-mate Mario Balotelli is improving rapidly and could blossom into one of the world`s best players.
The 22-year-old has been in fine form since moving to San Siro from Manchester City in January, and his strike partner for both club and country feels he could go all the way to the top, having matured.
"Mario is improving rapidly. I`m happy for him. He can become one of the top three players in the world," he told a press conference.
"I`m glad that is growing, as a player and as a man. I can see [that he is] much more mature.
"Mario and I represent a young, new Italy. Investing in youth is the most important thing. I`m glad we`re doing well, but we still have lots of room for improvement, to make Italy even better."
The 20-year-old was deployed on the left wing for the friendly draw with Brazil on Thursday and says he is happier in that role.
"Playing on the left in a 4-3-3 is the role that I prefer, because I play there for Milan. [Cesare] Prandelli asks the same things of me as Allegri."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown