Balotelli gives Man City 3-2 win over Tottenham
Manchester: Mario Balotelli scored a stoppage-time penalty kick Sunday to give first-place Manchester City a 3-2 victory over Premier League title rival Tottenham.
City won its 11th straight home and moved eight points ahead of third-place Tottenham, with only Manchester United separating the teams.
Just after Jermain Defoe had missed a chance to win it for Tottenham, Balotelli was fouled by Ledley King and scored the winner.
City had thrown away a two-goal lead, with Samir Nasri and Joleon Lescott scoring for the hosts in a four-minute span in the second half. But Tottenham struck back, with slack defending allowing Defoe to score in the 60th minute and Bale tying the score five minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched