Balotelli handed three-game ban for insulting assistant referee
Milan: AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli has been handed a three-match ban for his conduct during the team’s 2-2 draw with Fiorentina on Sunday.
The former Manchester City striker picked up an automatic one-match suspension for his fifth yellow card of since returning to Italy in January, but has had an extra two games added to the ban because of insulting comments made towards the match officials.
He will now miss the Rossoneri’s match against Napoli next weekend as well as encounters against league leaders Juventus and Catania.
Balotelli is also set to be fined by the club after he was caught smoking in the toilet of the train taking the team to the match in Florence.
The Rossoneri have said they will appeal the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city