Barca await Xavi`s decision
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona’s president Josep Maria Bartomeu said that he still awaits veteran midfielder Xavi Hernandez decision to stay or leave the club before the start of the new season.
Bartomeu, however, admitted that the Catalan club will atleast have two more new transfer deals soon, reports EFE. Barcelona have already signed goalkeepers, Chilean Claudio Bravo and German Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic and Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez.
“At least we have to replace Puyol, who has retired. Puyol has agreed to join as an assistant to sports director Andoni Zubizarreta. The remaining transfer deals are yet to be determined, but we might bring in two new players,” said Bartomeu here.
A third signing might be to replace Xavi, whom Bartomeu said has the right to decide what he wants. Bartomeu said amidst the departure of several players such as Cesc Fabregas, Puyol and maybe Xavi, the team still has a young veteran player in Andres Iniesta.
“We have many talents in Barca B, like Deulofeu and Rafinha, but we did not find players like Rakitic or Suarez so we signed them,” said the club president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics