Barca Coach Pep Guardiola urges players to attack
Barcelona: Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has urged his players to take a positive approach to their Champions League semi-final second-leg clash with Inter at Camp Nou tomorrow night, stressing the importance of his side attacking more than they did at San Siro last week.
“Inter are an extraordinary team,” said Guardiola, whose side come into the match hoping to overturn a 3-1 deficit. “Everyone is talking a lot about us and saying hardly anything about Inter.
“We have to control possession and attack more than we did in the first leg. We`re very happy, it`s a pleasure to be faced with this match and I want the players to know this is a privilege, an honour that we might not have again. I want them to enjoy it and I want the fans to see this as a huge party.”
Barca have won their last 11 competitive games at Camp Nou but Pep knows his team face a wholly different proposition tomorrow evening.
“I don`t know if we`ll turn the tie around or not,” he admitted.
“We want to reach the final and we have a good enough team to do it, but we have never said this is a done deal. In Milan we scored the first goal and then stopped pushing for the second and we have to change that because we only have 90 minutes.
“We respect Inter a lot and we`re not thinking about what we have accomplished before, only about winning the Champions League again. If we get to the final it`ll be after playing a great match.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch