Barca defender Abidal released from hospital
Madrid: FC Barcelona confirmed that left back Eric Abidal had been discharged from hospital.
Abidal underwent a liver transplant April 10 and was released Monday, just over a year after he had been diagnosed with a liver tumour.
He recovered from the tumour to play at the end of last season and in the majority of the current campaign, but the club admitted that it had always expected that he would need the transplant sooner or later.
The 32-year-old Frenchman will miss this summer`s European Championships, as he continues to recover and Barcelona have asked for the player`s privacy to be respected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened