Barca defender Maxwell wants Paris St Germain move
Madrid: Barcelona will allow Maxwell to discuss terms with Paris St Germain after the left back said he wanted to accept an offer to join the Ligue 1 leaders, Barca coach Pep Guardiola said on Wednesday.
"Maxwell came to see us and he told us he had an offer from PSG and he would like to accept it," Guardiola said of the 30-year-old Brazilian, who rarely starts for the Spanish, European and world champions.
"He wants to leave and if he reaches an agreement the club will not stand in the way."
Maxwell, who had an earlier stint at Ajax Amsterdam, joined Barca from Inter Milan at the end of the 2008-09 season and has helped the Catalans win 10 trophies, including two Spanish leagues titles and one European Champions League crown.
Ambitious Qatar-backed PSG spent around 85 million euros in the close season, almost half of which went on luring Argentina international Javier Pastore from Palermo.
They appointed Italian Carlo Ancelotti as their coach last month having parted ways with Antoine Kombouare despite the club being top of the French league at the mid-season break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing