Barca defender Maxwell wants Paris St Germain move
Madrid: Barcelona will allow Maxwell to discuss terms with Paris St Germain after the left back said he wanted to accept an offer to join the Ligue 1 leaders, Barca coach Pep Guardiola said on Wednesday.
"Maxwell came to see us and he told us he had an offer from PSG and he would like to accept it," Guardiola said of the 30-year-old Brazilian, who rarely starts for the Spanish, European and world champions.
"He wants to leave and if he reaches an agreement the club will not stand in the way."
Maxwell, who had an earlier stint at Ajax Amsterdam, joined Barca from Inter Milan at the end of the 2008-09 season and has helped the Catalans win 10 trophies, including two Spanish leagues titles and one European Champions League crown.
Ambitious Qatar-backed PSG spent around 85 million euros in the close season, almost half of which went on luring Argentina international Javier Pastore from Palermo.
They appointed Italian Carlo Ancelotti as their coach last month having parted ways with Antoine Kombouare despite the club being top of the French league at the mid-season break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested