Barca defender Maxwell wants Paris St Germain move
Madrid: Barcelona will allow Maxwell to discuss terms with Paris St Germain after the left back said he wanted to accept an offer to join the Ligue 1 leaders, Barca coach Pep Guardiola said on Wednesday.
"Maxwell came to see us and he told us he had an offer from PSG and he would like to accept it," Guardiola said of the 30-year-old Brazilian, who rarely starts for the Spanish, European and world champions.
"He wants to leave and if he reaches an agreement the club will not stand in the way."
Maxwell, who had an earlier stint at Ajax Amsterdam, joined Barca from Inter Milan at the end of the 2008-09 season and has helped the Catalans win 10 trophies, including two Spanish leagues titles and one European Champions League crown.
Ambitious Qatar-backed PSG spent around 85 million euros in the close season, almost half of which went on luring Argentina international Javier Pastore from Palermo.
They appointed Italian Carlo Ancelotti as their coach last month having parted ways with Antoine Kombouare despite the club being top of the French league at the mid-season break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured