Barca may use Sanchez as bait to lure Man City`s Kompany
London: Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez has been reportedly set as bait by his club in a bid to lure Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany this summer.
Manchester City are planning a move for the Chilean Sanchez at the end of the season and Barcelona chiefs are hopeful that City`s interest will play into their hands as they prepare a move for Belgium centre-half Kompany.
The Catalan giants will offer City a players-plus-cash deal for Kompany, adding that Barcelona is also on the lookout for at least two central defenders.
Barcelona are waiting to see if there are any long-term consequences of Kompany`s publicly castigation by manager Roberto Mancini, after playing for Belgium in a World Cup qualifier the previous Tuesday against Macedonia.
City tried to sign Sanchez in 2011, but lost out to Barcelona, while 22-year-old Bartra, who has represented Spain throughout the age groups, is well known to City sporting director Txiki Begiristain from his time at the Nou Camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list