Barca may use Sanchez as bait to lure Man City`s Kompany
London: Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez has been reportedly set as bait by his club in a bid to lure Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany this summer.
Manchester City are planning a move for the Chilean Sanchez at the end of the season and Barcelona chiefs are hopeful that City`s interest will play into their hands as they prepare a move for Belgium centre-half Kompany.
The Catalan giants will offer City a players-plus-cash deal for Kompany, adding that Barcelona is also on the lookout for at least two central defenders.
Barcelona are waiting to see if there are any long-term consequences of Kompany`s publicly castigation by manager Roberto Mancini, after playing for Belgium in a World Cup qualifier the previous Tuesday against Macedonia.
City tried to sign Sanchez in 2011, but lost out to Barcelona, while 22-year-old Bartra, who has represented Spain throughout the age groups, is well known to City sporting director Txiki Begiristain from his time at the Nou Camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why