Barca may use Sanchez as bait to lure Man City`s Kompany
London: Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez has been reportedly set as bait by his club in a bid to lure Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany this summer.
Manchester City are planning a move for the Chilean Sanchez at the end of the season and Barcelona chiefs are hopeful that City`s interest will play into their hands as they prepare a move for Belgium centre-half Kompany.
The Catalan giants will offer City a players-plus-cash deal for Kompany, adding that Barcelona is also on the lookout for at least two central defenders.
Barcelona are waiting to see if there are any long-term consequences of Kompany`s publicly castigation by manager Roberto Mancini, after playing for Belgium in a World Cup qualifier the previous Tuesday against Macedonia.
City tried to sign Sanchez in 2011, but lost out to Barcelona, while 22-year-old Bartra, who has represented Spain throughout the age groups, is well known to City sporting director Txiki Begiristain from his time at the Nou Camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?