Barcelona aim to overturn Vilanova ban
Barcelona: Barcelona are readying their attempts to overturn Tito Vilanova`s touchline ban, following the coach`s red card in Sunday`s 2-1 win over Osasuna in La Liga.
Vilanova had been sent to the stands in the 70th minute of overseeing his third consecutive win in charge of the Catalan giants, after what he claimed to be a misinterpreted altercation with a lineman.
The match referee had reported that the 42-year-old "angrily protested a sequence of play during the match after being warned by the assistant referee".
Pep Guardiola`s former assistant claimed otherwise however, protesting his innocence in that he was only calling for a foul. The Primera Division runners-up have until Tuesday to submit their appeal.
Late goals from talisman Lionel Messi saw out Barcelona`s victory, despite suffering an early scare, ensuring his side extended their lead over Real Madrid to five points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre