Barcelona aim to overturn Vilanova ban
Barcelona: Barcelona are readying their attempts to overturn Tito Vilanova`s touchline ban, following the coach`s red card in Sunday`s 2-1 win over Osasuna in La Liga.
Vilanova had been sent to the stands in the 70th minute of overseeing his third consecutive win in charge of the Catalan giants, after what he claimed to be a misinterpreted altercation with a lineman.
The match referee had reported that the 42-year-old "angrily protested a sequence of play during the match after being warned by the assistant referee".
Pep Guardiola`s former assistant claimed otherwise however, protesting his innocence in that he was only calling for a foul. The Primera Division runners-up have until Tuesday to submit their appeal.
Late goals from talisman Lionel Messi saw out Barcelona`s victory, despite suffering an early scare, ensuring his side extended their lead over Real Madrid to five points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?