Barcelona backup goalie Pinto prolongs stay
Madrid: Barcelona`s backup goalkeeper Jose Pinto has gotten an extension to his contract by one year and will stay with the current La Liga leaders until the end of the 2013-2014 season.
Barca announced Sunday that the 37-year-old Pinto, who has played the past five-and-a-half seasons with the club, would sign the extension in the coming weeks, reports Xinhua.
Besides being a reliable backup for first-choice goalie Victor Valdes, Pinto has played all of Barcelona`s Copa del Rey games since the 2008-2009 season, helping the club win the cup in 2009 and 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader