Barcelona buy Brazilian Adriano from Sevilla
Madrid: Spanish football champions Barcelona have bought Adriano from Sevilla, according to media reports on Friday.
These reports claimed that Sevilla have agreed to accept 10 million euros (12.83 million dollars) for the 25 year-old Brazilian international.
He is the first signing made by Sandro Rosell, who took over from Joan Laporta as Barca president on July 1.
Barca coach Pep Guardiola apparently asked Rosell this week to try to strengthen the team`s left flank. Adriano can play either at left-back or further forward down the left.
Adriano joined Sevilla from Coritiba in 2005 and helped the southerners to win two UEFA Cup and two Spanish cups. He scored a spectacular goal in the 2007 UEFA Cup final defeat of Espanyol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!