Barcelona coach doesn`t rule out further signings
Madrid: Barcelona coach Luis Enrique hasn`t ruled out the possibility of making further signings before the end of August.
It has been a bust summer in the offices of the Camp Nou Stadium with the arrival of two goalkeepers Ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo, defenders Jeremy Mathieu and Thomas Vermaelen and midfielders Ivan Rakitic and Luis Suarez to bolster the squad, reports Xinhua.
But with the Primera Liga football season due to kick off in a week, Enrique, a former player and B-team boss, said more new faces are expected.
"I am not saying that the squad is closed," said the Barca coach ahead of Monday`s traditional `Joan Gamper` presentation game.
"The club has to always be thinking about the possibility of reinforcements in all of the markets in order to be stronger," he added.
The coach also referred to the decision by the Court of Arbitration in Sport (CAS) to maintain Suarez`s four month suspension for biting Italy defender, Giorgio Chiellini in the World Cup, but to allow him to at least train with his companions.
"It won`t be a problem for us as the squad is sufficiently solid. Suarez is a great player and we are looking forward to Monday, when he will be able to train infront of the fan him," said Enrique, who added that Neymar and Xavi Hernandez could also appear at the training session.
Enrique also added that Leo Messi will be allowed a free role.
"Leo understands situations with ease and we are never going to shut him out of situations on the pitch. After watching him train, I am surprised by everything that he can give us," admitted the coach.
Finally Enrique explained the decision to loan young striker Gerard Deulofeu to Sevilla, saying the Spain Under-21 was "not going to get the minutes he needs and so I think a loan will be good for him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'