Barcelona coach doesn`t rule out further signings
Madrid: Barcelona coach Luis Enrique hasn`t ruled out the possibility of making further signings before the end of August.
It has been a bust summer in the offices of the Camp Nou Stadium with the arrival of two goalkeepers Ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo, defenders Jeremy Mathieu and Thomas Vermaelen and midfielders Ivan Rakitic and Luis Suarez to bolster the squad, reports Xinhua.
But with the Primera Liga football season due to kick off in a week, Enrique, a former player and B-team boss, said more new faces are expected.
"I am not saying that the squad is closed," said the Barca coach ahead of Monday`s traditional `Joan Gamper` presentation game.
"The club has to always be thinking about the possibility of reinforcements in all of the markets in order to be stronger," he added.
The coach also referred to the decision by the Court of Arbitration in Sport (CAS) to maintain Suarez`s four month suspension for biting Italy defender, Giorgio Chiellini in the World Cup, but to allow him to at least train with his companions.
"It won`t be a problem for us as the squad is sufficiently solid. Suarez is a great player and we are looking forward to Monday, when he will be able to train infront of the fan him," said Enrique, who added that Neymar and Xavi Hernandez could also appear at the training session.
Enrique also added that Leo Messi will be allowed a free role.
"Leo understands situations with ease and we are never going to shut him out of situations on the pitch. After watching him train, I am surprised by everything that he can give us," admitted the coach.
Finally Enrique explained the decision to loan young striker Gerard Deulofeu to Sevilla, saying the Spain Under-21 was "not going to get the minutes he needs and so I think a loan will be good for him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000