Barcelona confirm Alex Song deal
London: Arsenal and Barcelona have confirmed that a deal has been agreed for the transfer of Alex Song for €19 million (£15m).
The Cameroon international, who had been a long-term target for the Blaugrana, will now undergo a medical on Monday before penning a five-year deal – with a release clause set at €80m (£62.8m).
A statement on the Spanish giants` official website read: "FC Barcelona has agreed a deal with Arsenal FC for the transfer of Alex Song to Camp Nou. The fee is 19 million Euros.
"The Cameroon international midfielder will sign for the next five seasons with a release clause of 80 million Euros.
"On Monday he will have a medical and then join the rest of the squad for the official team presentation at the Gamper."
The 24-year-old spent seven seasons with the Gunners after being signed as a teenager from French club Bastia, making 204 appearances and scoring 10 goals, but last season alone the midfielder registered 14 assists.
Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger`s side kicked off their Premier League campaign with a frustrating 0-0 draw at home to Sunderland as they look to rebuild their squad for a title push.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details