Barcelona do not like to complain to the press: Fabregas
Barcelona: Cesc Fabregas has insisted that Barcelona would rather not discuss refereeing performances in the press as they prefer to do their talking on the pitch.
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho criticised the Blaugrana in the build-up to the second leg of their Copa del Rey semi-final on Tuesday as he feels the Catalans talk too much about match officials.
Fabregas has now hit back at the controversial trainer, though, stressing that Barca do not like to publicly discuss refereeing decisions.
"As a team we don`t like to complain to the press. There are things that need to be said, but we`ve always said those things on the playing field," the midfielder said at a press conference.
Fabregas also had his say on team-mate Lionel Messi, and made it clear that the Argentine is not much of a talker either.
"Leo doesn`t say much in press conferences or in press areas, he talks on the pitch. He`s very strong mentally and physically. He wants to play, have fun and win."
Barcelona were held to a 1-1 draw by Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu in the first leg.
Tuesday`s return kicks off at 21:00CET.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!