Barcelona eyeing Petr Cech as replacement for Victor Valdes?
London: Barcelona is reportedly eyeing Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech for a summer move as one of the successors to their keeper Victor Valdes, who is set to quit the Nou Camp at the end of the season.
Reports have suggested that Chelsea and Barcelona could strike a swap deal involving Cech and Valdes in January, although new Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has no plans to let Cech, who also wants to stay the season, go mid-campaign.
According to the Daily Star, although Cech is said to be tempted to leave for a new challenge after nine years at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho`s return has persuaded Cech to stay put for the time being as he was desperate to work with Mourinho again.
The report said that although Barcelona has also thought about signing Pepe Reina from Liverpool when his season-long loan at Napoli ends, the news of Cech`s potential availability has left the Spanish giants reviewing their options.
According to the report, even though Mourinho still rates Cech as one of the world`s best goalkeepers, he is aware that the time is fast approaching when he will have to make a decision on bringing Chelsea keeper-in-waiting Thibaut Courtois into the first team fray after his successful loan spell at Atletico Madrid ends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army