Barcelona forward Lionel Messi back in training after injury
Barcelona: Barcelona forward Lionel Messi returned to training with his team mates on Monday as he continues his recovery from a thigh strain sustained in a La Liga match at Almeria at the end of last month.
The World Player of the Year did not join up with Argentina, who had already secured their place at next year`s World Cup finals in Brazil, for their last qualifiers against Peru and Uruguay, remaining in Barcelona for treatment.
Barca`s next match is a La Liga trip to Osasuna on Saturday, though with a Champions League game at AC Milan looming the following Tuesday it remains to be seen whether coach Gerardo Martino will risk him in domestic competition this weekend.
"Barca`s Argentine forward has taken another step forward in his recovery," the Spanish champions said on their website on Monday.
Messi has scored eight goals in six La Liga appearances this term and netted a hat-trick against Ajax Amsterdam in his sole Champions League outing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad