Barcelona forward Lionel Messi back in training after injury
Barcelona: Barcelona forward Lionel Messi returned to training with his team mates on Monday as he continues his recovery from a thigh strain sustained in a La Liga match at Almeria at the end of last month.
The World Player of the Year did not join up with Argentina, who had already secured their place at next year`s World Cup finals in Brazil, for their last qualifiers against Peru and Uruguay, remaining in Barcelona for treatment.
Barca`s next match is a La Liga trip to Osasuna on Saturday, though with a Champions League game at AC Milan looming the following Tuesday it remains to be seen whether coach Gerardo Martino will risk him in domestic competition this weekend.
"Barca`s Argentine forward has taken another step forward in his recovery," the Spanish champions said on their website on Monday.
Messi has scored eight goals in six La Liga appearances this term and netted a hat-trick against Ajax Amsterdam in his sole Champions League outing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'