Barcelona in bid to secure Neymar after Olympics
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has revealed that the football club is hoping to secure the transfer of Brazil star Neymar after the London Olympics.
Neymar has been strongly linked with a move to the Camp Nou with reports suggesting a 60-million-euro transfer fee has already been agreed, Xinhua reports.
"We would all like him to come after the Olympics," Bartomeu was quoted saying by Brazil`s Lancenet Sunday.
"Neymar is currently a Santos player. But it`s likely he will end up playing in Europe and when that happens we are going to try to make sure it`s at Barcelona."
Neymar, who has also attracted interest from Real Madrid and Chelsea, is contracted to Santos until 2014.
The 20-year-old scored from a free-kick and gave off two assists in Brazil`s 3-1 victory over Belarus in their Olympic Group C match at Old Trafford Sunday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'