Barcelona in bid to secure Neymar after Olympics
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has revealed that the football club is hoping to secure the transfer of Brazil star Neymar after the London Olympics.
Neymar has been strongly linked with a move to the Camp Nou with reports suggesting a 60-million-euro transfer fee has already been agreed, Xinhua reports.
"We would all like him to come after the Olympics," Bartomeu was quoted saying by Brazil`s Lancenet Sunday.
"Neymar is currently a Santos player. But it`s likely he will end up playing in Europe and when that happens we are going to try to make sure it`s at Barcelona."
Neymar, who has also attracted interest from Real Madrid and Chelsea, is contracted to Santos until 2014.
The 20-year-old scored from a free-kick and gave off two assists in Brazil`s 3-1 victory over Belarus in their Olympic Group C match at Old Trafford Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Anurag Thakur is Lt Anurag Thakur now, joins Territorial Army – Watch his pics here
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA