Barcelona in bid to secure Neymar after Olympics
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has revealed that the football club is hoping to secure the transfer of Brazil star Neymar after the London Olympics.
Neymar has been strongly linked with a move to the Camp Nou with reports suggesting a 60-million-euro transfer fee has already been agreed, Xinhua reports.
"We would all like him to come after the Olympics," Bartomeu was quoted saying by Brazil`s Lancenet Sunday.
"Neymar is currently a Santos player. But it`s likely he will end up playing in Europe and when that happens we are going to try to make sure it`s at Barcelona."
Neymar, who has also attracted interest from Real Madrid and Chelsea, is contracted to Santos until 2014.
The 20-year-old scored from a free-kick and gave off two assists in Brazil`s 3-1 victory over Belarus in their Olympic Group C match at Old Trafford Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees