Barcelona in bid to secure Neymar after Olympics
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has revealed that the football club is hoping to secure the transfer of Brazil star Neymar after the London Olympics.
Neymar has been strongly linked with a move to the Camp Nou with reports suggesting a 60-million-euro transfer fee has already been agreed, Xinhua reports.
"We would all like him to come after the Olympics," Bartomeu was quoted saying by Brazil`s Lancenet Sunday.
"Neymar is currently a Santos player. But it`s likely he will end up playing in Europe and when that happens we are going to try to make sure it`s at Barcelona."
Neymar, who has also attracted interest from Real Madrid and Chelsea, is contracted to Santos until 2014.
The 20-year-old scored from a free-kick and gave off two assists in Brazil`s 3-1 victory over Belarus in their Olympic Group C match at Old Trafford Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city