Barcelona make final Neymar offer
Rio de Janeiro: Barcelona have reportedly made a final offer of 23 million euros to sign Brazil international striker Neymar during the European summer transfer window.
The Catalan club`s football director Raul Sanllehi returned to Spain Thursday after a week of negotiations with Neymar`s club Santos and his representatives, Estado de S.Paulo newspaper reported.
The Brazilian outfit has reportedly rejected successive bids of 18 million euros and 20 million euros in the past six days.
Neymar is contracted to Santos until the 2014 World Cup with a buyout clause of 65 million euros.
But under FIFA rules Neymar would be free to negotiate a pre-contract with another club in January, meaning the Sao Paulo-based outfit risks losing the 21-year-old for nothing if an imminent deal is not struck.
Speaking to reporters after Santos` goalless draw against Joinville in the Copa do Brasil Wednesday, Neymar was cryptic about his future.
"We all know that it takes something more to come out winners here," he said, when asked about Barcelona`s interest.
Santos coach Muricy Ramalho admitted his interest in signing the club`s former star Robinho, should Neymar leave.
"I saw AC Milan`s game against Siena on the weekend to see how he was playing because we are starting to think about it," Ramalho said.
"He is an idol of the club and it would be important if we happen to lose the best player in the country (Neymar). Who knows, maybe we will be lucky enough to welcome back Robinho."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview