Barcelona manager Guardiola unwary of Chelsea’s physical approach
London: Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola has claimed his side is not concerned about Chelsea using a physical approach during the first leg of their Champions League semi-final at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
The Blues are expected to work out a physical strategy to deal with with Lionel Messi and the magical midfield pairing of Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta.
John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic and Didier Drogba are likely to be used to out-muscle the best team in the Europe, by discomforting their natural passing game and possession football.
“Am I worried by Chelsea’s physical approach? No, I’m not worried. I’m used to it. We have the mentality to control this situation. It’s very important to have this mentality,” The Daily Mail quoted Guardiola, as saying.
“My players here at Barcelona all know this situation. They also know that if they lose this semi-final – and then against Real Madrid on Saturday – we could end up with nothing,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players