Barcelona not used to losing: Lionel Messi
Madrid: Lionel Messi says Barcelona are not used to receiving such negative press, following disappointing defeats to AC Milan and Real Madrid in the last fortnight.
Speaking about the 3-1 defeat to Madrid at Camp Nou on Tuesday, Messi admitted that the squad are struggling to come to terms with the result, especially as it came so soon after the 2-0 defeat to AC Milan at San Siro a week prior.
"We are not used to dealing with a situation like the one we are going through at the moment," Messi wrote on his Chinese social media Weibo profile.
Despite the negative reaction to Blaugrana`s recent performances, Messi says he has no doubt in his mind that both he and his teammates will bounce back and produce a response when they face Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu on Saturday.
"I have a lot of faith that this group will keep moving forward," the Argentine added.
Messi has been singled out for criticism by some for his subdued performances in both games, but rumours that he was not 100 per cent gathered pace when the Argentine missed training on Wednesday due to a fever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP