Barcelona players responsible for Guardiola exit: Alves
Spain: Barcelona defender Dani Alves believes Pep Guardiola left the club because the players "were no longer responding to him as he desired".
In the space of four years Guardiola quickly became the most successful coach in the Catalan club`s history.
But, at the end of last season he made the shock decision to step down as boss and Alves feels that was because of him and his team-mates.
"Pep said that he would only leave when we were no longer responding to him," Alves said in an interview with Le Buteur.
"We did not respond to him on the field as he would have liked and this is why the players feel responsible for his departure."
The Brazil international also spoke of his highly-rated compatriot Neymar and spoke of the differences between him and Blaugrana team-mate Lionel Messi.
"The difference between Messi and Neymar is that Messi plays in Europe, while Neymar is still in Brazil," he continued.
"Even without tactical discpline, what is important for a team is having players with maturity and a sense of responsibility.
"To further his career, Neymar must come to Europe and preferably to Barcelona."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA