Barcelona players responsible for Guardiola exit: Alves
Spain: Barcelona defender Dani Alves believes Pep Guardiola left the club because the players "were no longer responding to him as he desired".
In the space of four years Guardiola quickly became the most successful coach in the Catalan club`s history.
But, at the end of last season he made the shock decision to step down as boss and Alves feels that was because of him and his team-mates.
"Pep said that he would only leave when we were no longer responding to him," Alves said in an interview with Le Buteur.
"We did not respond to him on the field as he would have liked and this is why the players feel responsible for his departure."
The Brazil international also spoke of his highly-rated compatriot Neymar and spoke of the differences between him and Blaugrana team-mate Lionel Messi.
"The difference between Messi and Neymar is that Messi plays in Europe, while Neymar is still in Brazil," he continued.
"Even without tactical discpline, what is important for a team is having players with maturity and a sense of responsibility.
"To further his career, Neymar must come to Europe and preferably to Barcelona."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!
- Search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft continues for sixth day
- Man who tried to commit suicide outside Chhattisgarh CM's house dies
- Watch how you can keep your bookshelves neat and clean!