Barcelona players responsible for Guardiola exit: Alves
Spain: Barcelona defender Dani Alves believes Pep Guardiola left the club because the players "were no longer responding to him as he desired".
In the space of four years Guardiola quickly became the most successful coach in the Catalan club`s history.
But, at the end of last season he made the shock decision to step down as boss and Alves feels that was because of him and his team-mates.
"Pep said that he would only leave when we were no longer responding to him," Alves said in an interview with Le Buteur.
"We did not respond to him on the field as he would have liked and this is why the players feel responsible for his departure."
The Brazil international also spoke of his highly-rated compatriot Neymar and spoke of the differences between him and Blaugrana team-mate Lionel Messi.
"The difference between Messi and Neymar is that Messi plays in Europe, while Neymar is still in Brazil," he continued.
"Even without tactical discpline, what is important for a team is having players with maturity and a sense of responsibility.
"To further his career, Neymar must come to Europe and preferably to Barcelona."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir