Barcelona president Rosell to resign: Spanish media
BARCELONA: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is to resign in the aftermath of a Spanish court`s decision to investigate the signing of Brazilian striker Neymar last year, Spanish media reported on Thursday.
Rosell is believed to have met with fellow board members on Thursday and Spanish newspapers, including Mundo Deportivo and Sport, said he has decided to quit.
Barcelona have refused to comment on the reports but have announced that an emergency board meeting has been called for 6pm (1700 GMT) local time.
On Wednesday Judge Pablo Ruz issued an order to open a hearing to investigate Barcelona for the alleged misappropriation of funds over the 57.1m euro signing of Neymar and that a decision would be made at a later date whether Rosell would be called in person to give evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB