Barcelona president Rosell to resign: Spanish media
BARCELONA: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is to resign in the aftermath of a Spanish court`s decision to investigate the signing of Brazilian striker Neymar last year, Spanish media reported on Thursday.
Rosell is believed to have met with fellow board members on Thursday and Spanish newspapers, including Mundo Deportivo and Sport, said he has decided to quit.
Barcelona have refused to comment on the reports but have announced that an emergency board meeting has been called for 6pm (1700 GMT) local time.
On Wednesday Judge Pablo Ruz issued an order to open a hearing to investigate Barcelona for the alleged misappropriation of funds over the 57.1m euro signing of Neymar and that a decision would be made at a later date whether Rosell would be called in person to give evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future