Barcelona president Rosell to resign: Spanish media
BARCELONA: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is to resign in the aftermath of a Spanish court`s decision to investigate the signing of Brazilian striker Neymar last year, Spanish media reported on Thursday.
Rosell is believed to have met with fellow board members on Thursday and Spanish newspapers, including Mundo Deportivo and Sport, said he has decided to quit.
Barcelona have refused to comment on the reports but have announced that an emergency board meeting has been called for 6pm (1700 GMT) local time.
On Wednesday Judge Pablo Ruz issued an order to open a hearing to investigate Barcelona for the alleged misappropriation of funds over the 57.1m euro signing of Neymar and that a decision would be made at a later date whether Rosell would be called in person to give evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof