Barcelona president Rosell to resign: Spanish media
BARCELONA: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is to resign in the aftermath of a Spanish court`s decision to investigate the signing of Brazilian striker Neymar last year, Spanish media reported on Thursday.
Rosell is believed to have met with fellow board members on Thursday and Spanish newspapers, including Mundo Deportivo and Sport, said he has decided to quit.
Barcelona have refused to comment on the reports but have announced that an emergency board meeting has been called for 6pm (1700 GMT) local time.
On Wednesday Judge Pablo Ruz issued an order to open a hearing to investigate Barcelona for the alleged misappropriation of funds over the 57.1m euro signing of Neymar and that a decision would be made at a later date whether Rosell would be called in person to give evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic