Barcelona rocked by Puyol injury
Barcelona: Barcelona have been rocked after captain Carles Puyol underwent knee surgery on Friday.
It is estimated the veteran will be out of action for up to 45 days and it appears certain that he will miss both of the Catalans` Champions League quarter-final clashes with Paris Saint-Germain.
Puyol came on as a substitute during his side`s emphatic comeback victory against AC Milan on Tuesday evening, but after complaining of discomfort, Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque decided not to include him in his squad for the upcoming World Cup 2014 qualifiers with France and Finland.
It is not the first time the centre-back`s right knee has caused him problems, with the 33-year-old also sidelined last May with a similar problem.
Puyol recently signed a new three-year deal at Camp Nou.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav