Barcelona rocked by Puyol injury
Barcelona: Barcelona have been rocked after captain Carles Puyol underwent knee surgery on Friday.
It is estimated the veteran will be out of action for up to 45 days and it appears certain that he will miss both of the Catalans` Champions League quarter-final clashes with Paris Saint-Germain.
Puyol came on as a substitute during his side`s emphatic comeback victory against AC Milan on Tuesday evening, but after complaining of discomfort, Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque decided not to include him in his squad for the upcoming World Cup 2014 qualifiers with France and Finland.
It is not the first time the centre-back`s right knee has caused him problems, with the 33-year-old also sidelined last May with a similar problem.
Puyol recently signed a new three-year deal at Camp Nou.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter