Barcelona rocked by Puyol injury
Barcelona: Barcelona have been rocked after captain Carles Puyol underwent knee surgery on Friday.
It is estimated the veteran will be out of action for up to 45 days and it appears certain that he will miss both of the Catalans` Champions League quarter-final clashes with Paris Saint-Germain.
Puyol came on as a substitute during his side`s emphatic comeback victory against AC Milan on Tuesday evening, but after complaining of discomfort, Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque decided not to include him in his squad for the upcoming World Cup 2014 qualifiers with France and Finland.
It is not the first time the centre-back`s right knee has caused him problems, with the 33-year-old also sidelined last May with a similar problem.
Puyol recently signed a new three-year deal at Camp Nou.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details