Barcelona`s Xavi named best playmaker in the world
Madrid: Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez was Tuesday named as the best playmaker in the world by the International Federation for Football History and Statistics (IFFHS).
It is the fourth time that the Spanish international has been given the award, which is chosen by experts and journalists from 81 different countries and regions.
Xavi beat competition from his team-mates Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta and also from Real Madrid`s German midfielder, Mesut Ozil to win the award, Xinhua reported.
The midfielder was instrumental last season in helping Barcelona win the Spanish Primera Liga and Champions League, while this season Barcelona have added the Spanish and European Supercups as well as the Club World Club Championship to their list of trophies.
The Spanish Primera Liga had the most representatives in the top-16 creative players named by the IFFHS, with seven of them playing in Spain, while three play in England, three in Italy, three in Germany and one in France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates
- Won't be giving any more statements to media: Kangana Ranaut