Barcelona`s Xavi named best playmaker in the world
Madrid: Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez was Tuesday named as the best playmaker in the world by the International Federation for Football History and Statistics (IFFHS).
It is the fourth time that the Spanish international has been given the award, which is chosen by experts and journalists from 81 different countries and regions.
Xavi beat competition from his team-mates Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta and also from Real Madrid`s German midfielder, Mesut Ozil to win the award, Xinhua reported.
The midfielder was instrumental last season in helping Barcelona win the Spanish Primera Liga and Champions League, while this season Barcelona have added the Spanish and European Supercups as well as the Club World Club Championship to their list of trophies.
The Spanish Primera Liga had the most representatives in the top-16 creative players named by the IFFHS, with seven of them playing in Spain, while three play in England, three in Italy, three in Germany and one in France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Man who tried to commit suicide outside Chhattisgarh CM's house dies
- Watch how you can keep your bookshelves neat and clean!
- Five health benefits of cashew nuts you didn't know about!
- Do you know how many ultra-high networth individuals India has? Make a guess
- Watch: When lightening struck iconic Empire State building in USA