Barcelona says Luis Suarez now 100 percent their man
London: Barcelona has said that the banned Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez is now 100 percent the Spanish club`s player.
A 75 million-pound deal was agreed last week for the Liverpool striker, but the La Liga runners-up are not able to present Suarez to their fans as the Uruguayan is serving a four-month ban from football-related activity for biting Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup.
According to the BBC, Barca director of sport Andoni Zubizarreta said that Suarez is 100 percent a member of the club.
The striker would be ineligible to play for Barca or even to train with his teammates until late October, unless the appeal lodged with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) is successful.
Zubizarreta believes that the former Ajax forward would be a positive acquisition and said that the club accepts people, imperfections and all, adding that he is sure that Suarez would be someone positive for them in the future.
Suarez`s ban was the biggest in World Cup history, eclipsing the eight-game suspension given to Italy`s Mauro Tassotti for elbowing Spain`s Luis Enrique, who is currently Barca boss, in 1994.
Enrique said that Suarez not being able to train with them for four months has not altered their plans because they always knew it, adding that it is bad that the striker is not with them from the start, but it is not a tragedy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH