Barcelona should sell Messi now they have Neymar: Cruyff
Madrid: Barcelona icon Johan Cruyff feels the Catalans should consider cashing in on Lionel Messi now they have brought Neymar on board.
The Liga champions signed Neymar in a deal worth €57 million earlier this summer and Cruyff envisages problems following the former Santos star`s arrival.
"With Neymar on board, I would have planned for the possibility of selling Messi. Some would agree with me and others would not," Cruyff told Marca.
"Neymar`s arrival could cause problems. Just look at free kicks for example. Neymar is very good at taking them. And Messi has already shown he is great, too. Who`s going to take them...
"Or the fact that Neymar and Barcelona are with Nike while Leo is with Adidas. These are situations that could cause problems.
"You are talking about a team, its players, the things around it. There are too may things at stake. That`s why it`s so difficult to manage such a top class squad.
"Neymar is talented, but we will have to wait and see how he gets along with the rest of the squad. I would not have taken the risk of bringing in Neymar."
Messi has a contract with Barcelona until June 2018, while Neymar recently inked a five-year deal, too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls