Barcelona take on Real Madrid in crucial `El Classico`
Madrid: FC Barcelona will take on Real Madrid in a crucial `El Classico` Saturday that could see Madrid`s lead at the top of the Spanish Primera Liga table reduced to just one point.
The main question is whether Mourinho will try to play a draw in Barcelona or look to take the game to Barca. Mourinho`s instincts in the past have tended to be defensive, but his side has caused Barca more problems when they have taken the game to their rivals, reported Xinhua.
Indications are that Mourinho will probably bring defensive midfielder Lassana Diarra into his side and play a three man central midfield, a tactic that has not worked well for his side in recent matches.
That could leave Mesut Ozil on the bench at the start of the game, although Madrid would still have the attacking options of Cristiano Ronaldo, Angel de Maria and Karim Benzema to try and hurt Barca on the break.
Meanwhile Mourinho has to decide between playing Marcelo at left back or keeping faith with Fabio Coentrao, who was exposed during Tuesday`s Champions League defeat in Munich.
Barca have no option other than to attack and it promises to be a thriller with the head to head duel between Lionel Messi and Ronaldo, who have each scored 41 league goals this season.
The Catalans go into the game after a 0-1 loss in the Champions League to Chelsea and that the success of their season depends on two results in just four days.
Coach Pep Guardiola will almost certainly start with his strongest possible eleven. Xavi Hernandez, Sergio Busquets and Andres Iniesta should all play, while Cesc Fabregas will probably start in an advanced role with Alexis Sanchez and Messi leading the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit