Barcelona take on Real Madrid in crucial `El Classico`
Madrid: FC Barcelona will take on Real Madrid in a crucial `El Classico` Saturday that could see Madrid`s lead at the top of the Spanish Primera Liga table reduced to just one point.
The main question is whether Mourinho will try to play a draw in Barcelona or look to take the game to Barca. Mourinho`s instincts in the past have tended to be defensive, but his side has caused Barca more problems when they have taken the game to their rivals, reported Xinhua.
Indications are that Mourinho will probably bring defensive midfielder Lassana Diarra into his side and play a three man central midfield, a tactic that has not worked well for his side in recent matches.
That could leave Mesut Ozil on the bench at the start of the game, although Madrid would still have the attacking options of Cristiano Ronaldo, Angel de Maria and Karim Benzema to try and hurt Barca on the break.
Meanwhile Mourinho has to decide between playing Marcelo at left back or keeping faith with Fabio Coentrao, who was exposed during Tuesday`s Champions League defeat in Munich.
Barca have no option other than to attack and it promises to be a thriller with the head to head duel between Lionel Messi and Ronaldo, who have each scored 41 league goals this season.
The Catalans go into the game after a 0-1 loss in the Champions League to Chelsea and that the success of their season depends on two results in just four days.
Coach Pep Guardiola will almost certainly start with his strongest possible eleven. Xavi Hernandez, Sergio Busquets and Andres Iniesta should all play, while Cesc Fabregas will probably start in an advanced role with Alexis Sanchez and Messi leading the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire