Barcelona vice-president admits Fabregas could leave
Italy: The Spain international has recently been linked with a return to the Premier League and the Blaugrana will not keep him at the club against his will.
Josep Bartomeu has revealed that Cesc Fabregas could be allowed to leave Barcelona if the midfielder wants to move on this summer.
The Spain international has been linked with a return to Arsenal on more than one occasion, while Denis Irwin revealed this week that Manchester United are keen to lure the 26-year-old back to England, too.
Fabregas has a contract with Barca until June 2016, but the Blaugrana`s vice-president has insisted that they will not keep the midfielder at the club against his will.
"Cesc will only leave the club if he himself wants to move on," Bartomeu said when questioned about Fabregas` future at a fan event in Arenys de Munt.
The midfielder himself, meanwhile, has downplayed rumours that he could leave the Camp Nou side ahead of the 2013-14 campaign.
"I’m very happy, it`s taken a lot to get where I am and I don`t plan on throwing that away for anything," Fabregas told Onda Cero.
"The truth is that if I didn`t feel that I was wanted it would be different, but I haven`t been told anything. I`m very happy, the truth is that I want to triumph with Barcelona."
Fabregas played a key role in Barca`s Liga title in 2012-13 as he netted 11 goals in 32 appearances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre